Health benefits of workplace massage can be separated into individual and broad company benefits. Short term personal benefits include stress and tension relief, whilst longer term benefits include overall heath and wellness which can be felt across the whole organisation. A healthy and happy workplace environment is considered by some to be equally important as individual health and wellness.
Health benefits of Workplace Massage can be grouped into two main categories – Individual and Broader Organisation Benefits.
Reduces stress and tension
Improves energy and relaxed alertness.
Decreases blood pressure and pulse rate.
Enhances the ability to focus and concentrate.
Strengthens the immune system & stimulates the lymphatic system.
Increases circulation, oxygen and nutrition to cells, which in turn improves circulation to the brain.
The relaxation response can also improve sleeping patterns.
Eases sore muscles and joints, relieves muscle spasms and tension headaches.
- It is well documented that employees who are happy with their employer are loyal, stay longer, perform better, and are more efficient and productive.
- Employers will note a rise in productivity with more dynamic and focused personnel.
- Workplace dynamics and office morale improves.
- Sick days and Work Safe claims diminish, lowering health care costs.
- No oils or lotions are used eliminating the mess and inconvenience of table massage.
- Office site appointments save a lot of time that would otherwise be spent on travelling for health care.
What do you think is more important? Individual or organisational health and wellness?
Book a 2 Hands Corporate Massage session to experience the health benefits of a workplace wellness program today.